Joe Gilmore Tutorial and adapting the Element brief

Posted: Monday 18 October 2010 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

I had a tutorial with Joe on Thursday to discuss my current project. I presented my work to give an insight into what I had done so far. I clarified the direction and the deliverables I had and asked for his opinion on my concept and the direction the work was going. He liked the concept and my ideas and asked me what I wanted to get out of the brief. This was a brief I wanted to do to experiment with typefaces and create typographic designs based upon them. At the moment I was flirting with the idea of using info graphics and typography combined. I had shown him the sketches and quick mock ups I had done for one t-shirt which was going to have skateboarding statistics as part of the typography.

He really liked the idea of this and questioned whether I should take this further and base the project on creating a typeface for Element to use that was based on info graphics. As I said earlier to him the t-shirts were a means to showcase the designs but were not integral to my practice. So we agreed that I should change the brief to reflect the creation of the typeface rather than focusing too much on the design and production of the t-shirts.

We also got onto how this could be developed for other contexts beyond element. so what if this typeface was used in educating the public on global warming.

So to conclude, a week before this is due to be finished I am adapting the brief to reflect the decisions that have been made.



0 comments: