typeface development

Posted: Thursday 30 September 2010 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

For the Element brief I want to develop my own typefaces to use for the t-shirt designs as I feel it will not only give me experience of font design but it will also give me extra work on the brief. I plan to develop between 5 and 10 typefaces in total, all of which will hopefully be used. This typeface is based on an existing font which I have adapted into something more fit for the purpose. This sort of aesthetic is common with Element graphics and I hope to create some t-shirt mocks from them soon.



I was pretty happy with this first effort, and I soon created another typeface afterwards. This still needs a little tweaking to work but I feel more rewarded working in this way rather than taking another typeface and trying to make it fit.














These are the initial design sheets I used before rendering the chosen typefaces digitally.



0 comments: